Television Broadcast Data Archive
What do these fields mean?
- Source: There are two legacy systems that have populated the dataset. Value of 1 or 2 applied to signify which system this record comes from. Data Source 1 was used pre 1997. Data source 2 was used post 1997. ABC 2 was launched in 2005. ABC 3 was launched in 2009, and News 24 was launched in 2010.
- Date: This describes a TV programs broadcast date. YYYY/MM/DD format.
- StartTime: This is when a program broadcast commenced. 24 Hour format.
- ParentChannel: The ABC network that the program was broadcast to.
- ChildChannel: The state-specific channel that the broadcast is referencing. Please see attached documentation for an example of how this is structured.
- Duration: This describes the length of the broadcast, in Hours, minutes, seconds and frames (HH:MM:SS:FF)
- ProgEpisodeName: Program or episode title.
- EpNo: Episode number.
- Series: Series title. Can be used to find all episodes for a program series. Note that features will appear as an episode with no series information.
- SeriesNo: Series number.